About Me

My Photo
Har Wai Li
kampar, ipoh, Malaysia
Personal Information Full Name: Har Wai Li Web Site / Blog: waili3000.blogspot.com Work Information: teacher Email harwaii@yahoo.com waili3000@yahoo.com My no matrik: D20102044845
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

The Infinitive with to

after: the first Gagarin was the first to fly in a spaceship.
the last Peter was the last to watch the film.
the next He is the next to get his passport.

after: adjectives I'm happy to be here.
It's better not to smoke.

after: certain verbs
(agree, choose, forget, hope, learn, promise, regret, want, …)
I learn to drive a car.

after: question words I don't know what to say.
Can you tell me how to get to the bus stop?

after: want/would like I want you to help me.

verb + object + to-infinitive I helped my dad to clean the car.

I want to help you. I want you to help me.


The Infinitive without to

after auxiliaries/modals

can He can run very fast.
could As a boy he could run very fast.
may I may fly to Africa this summer.
might I might fly to Africa this summer.
must I must go now.
mustn't You mustn't smoke here.
needn't You needn't go.
shall We shall sing a song.
should We should sing a song.
will She will cook a meal for his birthday.
would She would cook a meal for his birthday.

after to do

do I don't know.

after the following expressions:

had better You had better clean up your room.
would rather Susan would rather study for her exam tomorrow.
would sooner I would sooner read a book than watch this film.
why not Why not ask your neighbour for help?
why should we Why should we go by car?
why should we not Why should we not go by car?

after verbs of perception + object (action has finished):

feel She feels the rain fall on her face.
hear I heard Peter sing a song.
notice Mandy noticed the boy climb the tree.
see They saw him climb up the roof.
watch He watched the thieves steal a car.

after let + object:

let Sandy let her child go out alone.
Mother let her daughter decide on her own.
let's Let's go for a walk through the park.

after make + object:

make She made Peggy and Samantha clean the room.
 

0 comments:

yellbox



MyGuru2

MY UPSI PORTAL

PPD HILIR PERAK

NKRA

BPK