About Me

My Photo
Har Wai Li
kampar, ipoh, Malaysia
Personal Information Full Name: Har Wai Li Web Site / Blog: waili3000.blogspot.com Work Information: teacher Email harwaii@yahoo.com waili3000@yahoo.com My no matrik: D20102044845
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

Gerund and Infinitive - difference in meaning

Some verbs have different meaning. (when used with Gerund or Infinitive)
GERUND INFINITIVE
forget He'll never forget spending so much money on his first computer. Don't forget to spend money on the tickets.

GERUND INFINITIVE
go on Go on reading the text. Go on to read the text.

GERUND INFINITIVE
mean You have forgotten your homework again. That means phoning your mother. I meant to phone your mother, but my mobile didn't work.

GERUND INFINITIVE
remember I remember switching off the lights when I went on holiday. Remember to switch off the lights when you go on holiday.

GERUND INFINITIVE
stop Stop reading the text. Stop to read the text.

GERUND INFINITIVE
try Why don't you try running after the dog? I tried to run after the dog, but I was too slow.

0 comments:

yellbox



MyGuru2

MY UPSI PORTAL

PPD HILIR PERAK

NKRA

BPK