About Me

My Photo
Har Wai Li
kampar, ipoh, Malaysia
Personal Information Full Name: Har Wai Li Web Site / Blog: waili3000.blogspot.com Work Information: teacher Email harwaii@yahoo.com waili3000@yahoo.com My no matrik: D20102044845
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

Yes/No questions and short answers - be

Yes/No questions - be (am, are, is)

Subject and verb change their position in statement and question.
statement You are from Germany.
question Are you from Germany?
We always use the short answer, not only "Yes" or "No".
NOTE:
If the answer is "Yes", we always use the long form.
Example: Yes, I am.
If the answer is "No", we either use the long or the contrated form (short form).
Example: No, I am not - No, I'm not.
you from Germany? Yes, I am.
No, I am not.
'm not.
he your friend? Yes, he is.
Peter and John from England? Yes, they are.

0 comments:

yellbox



MyGuru2

MY UPSI PORTAL

PPD HILIR PERAK

NKRA

BPK