About Me

My Photo
Har Wai Li
kampar, ipoh, Malaysia
Personal Information Full Name: Har Wai Li Web Site / Blog: waili3000.blogspot.com Work Information: teacher Email harwaii@yahoo.com waili3000@yahoo.com My no matrik: D20102044845
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

Participles, Participle constructions

Use

1 to shorten relative clauses
2 to make one sentence out of two
3 after verbs of "perception" (e.g. see, watch, hear, listen to, smell, feel)
4 after verbs of "rest" and "movement" (e.g. run, go, come, stay, stand, lie, sit)
5 after the verb have
6 instead of a subordinate clause

Form

present participle an exciting race

past participle excited people

Examples

1 The cars which are produced in Japan are nice.
The cars produced in Japan are nice.
2 I saw the man. He came to the shop.
I saw the man coming to the shop.
3 I saw the car coming round the corner.
4 The girl sat sleeping on the sofa.
5 I have my clothes washed.
6 When they went to Texas they expected a better job.
Going to Texas they expected a better job.

0 comments:

yellbox



MyGuru2

MY UPSI PORTAL

PPD HILIR PERAK

NKRA

BPK